Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Third Wheel

Growing up, my sister started dating her now husband when I was only 13.  I remember coming home from an overnight field trip to Washington, D.C. and walking in the house to my sister...with...a...boy.  I was shocked! She had never had a boyfriend before.  I asked them what they were doing, and she said they were heading out to a movie.  I asked who else was going, and she said it was just them.  My 8th grade mind was racing...and then I figured it out! 

Fast forward 17+ years later, and I couldn't be happier that they started dating.  I loved hanging out with them together, and was the 3rd wheel, as they say, for many years.  They were heading out to dinner, "I'm in"...going to a movie, "let me grab my jacket", a trip to the mall, "I could use a few things"...you get the point!  Even if they were annoyed with the lil' sister tag-along, they never let on.



Well, the hubs was away this weekend, so it was "just the three of us" together again! It was so much fun. We hung out, went out to eat (amazing food photos below...er, the food was amazing, the photos are lackluster), and went to the gym together.  





Besides being full from the delicious steak, and bigger than my face carrot cake (that baby stood a good 6 inches tall), my heart was also full! It felt so good to have some quality time with my sister and her husband, and Stella loved playing with her cousin dog, Brady.  She was sad to leave! 



Was there ever a time you felt like the third wheel? 


No comments:

Post a Comment